Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Marsden Bay Camp Memories

Memories of Marsden Bay Camp


Stand up paddle boarding
The heavy paddle now in my hands. The board drifting out as I turn my head to see my friend digging her toes in the sloppy, wet sand. I slowly paddle on my knees as my friend catches up to me and requested to stand up because it’s way more fun and easy.

I attached the dark round black strap to my right ankle. My hands gripping onto the side of my paddle board and slowly leaning forwards to rise to my feet. My fingers slipping off the board as I cautiously stand up. I used the paddle to keep me steady while I stand. Just as I was about to paddle to the rest of my group I heard a sudden splashing behind me. I steadily turn to see who it was but then I feel myself tipping. I screamed in horror as I felt the tip of my finger dive into the water. The cold, salty blue sea drenched me and suddenly turned me into a shivering boss. Which basically means I shivered and shivered and shivered a lot.

All of a sudden I stopped shivering. The water felt no longer cold and I wasn’t afraid of falling off the board. Then I learned that I didn’t need to worry so much and that I should concentrate on what we are here for. To have fun.

Charlotte

Camp thank you letter

Dear Dad,

Thank you for giving up your own time to come help us at camp I really appreciate you doing archery in the hot scorching sun all day.Thank you for doing the dishes,
Serving us food and much,much more

At camp I faced some challenges.
Like getting a good night’s sleep on the first night in our noisy booming cabin,dodging million dollar boats whilst kayaking and paddle boarding in the refreshing canal or hand pulling myself across the thick metal wire back to the platform at treetops adventures was also a challenge.

More importantly I had some success at paddle boarding and kayaking in the cooling life filled canal by staying incontrol the whole time. At the huge entertaining treetops place in Whangarei. At the air rifles I also felt successful.

The best thing about camp was to spend quality time with family and friends,fun activities and amazing food
It was fun doing archery in the hot sun which gave me the opportunity to focus and have fun.some more cool things include the humorous talent quest and the exhilarating zorb football and soapy water slide.

Yours sincerely

Luchian.


Camp

At camp i feel some challenges were to go to sleep and making the tallest structure out of
Spaghetti  and marshmallows.


More important i had some success at air rifles and archery and tree adventures


The best thing about camp was hanging out with my friends at tree adventures.

By armani.

At Camp
At camp I faced some challenges. They were trying not to be scared of the fishes in the water at kayaking and paddleboarding.  
More importantly,  I had some success at archery. At first I couldn’t aim but at least once or twice I hit the target. With kayaking, I was slow but then I got the hang of it and went a little faster. I felt very proud of myself.

The best things about camp were that we got to have SHOWERS! and I liked doing the Zorb balls... Till I bumped my head.
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment