Monday, June 5, 2017

Marsden Bay Camp Writing

~Camp Marsden~

“AHHH!!!” Although I was familiar with blasting down the large slippery tower,  I still squealed with delight as I plunged down the massive tower at insane speed.  As the fierce bubbles whipped across my pale face, I crashed through the mud and liquid that surrounded the slide.  “That was such a Thrill!” I say with a big grin, arising from the bottom of the slide.  


I carefully strode back up to the top of the waterslide where  Charlotte was patiently waiting for me.  “Would you like to do a double with me?” asked Charlotte
“Sure!” I say.  Charlotte and I waddled up the wooden stairs that lead to where we wanted to go.  Soon it was our turn.  After five minutes the line slowly got shorter.  It was our turn.  Charlotte planted herself at the top of the slide. “Ready?” I asked. I waited for an answer. “GET ON!” yelled Charlotte. I picked up my game. I jumped on the slide behind her.  My shaking arms wrap round her waist.  I reach behind me and push on. We had taken off.   I thought I went fast when I went on my own, but no, this was INSANE!  We plunged down the slide like a wild lion chasing his prey. We reached the end.  Charlotte & I share a look. At the same time we say “We have to do that again.” We both start to giggle.


Since the start I had overcome my butterflies,  now I just crash down the waterslide willy nilly.
 I had overcome my fear.  Try to overcome your own fear.  It could turn out really fun just like the waterslide.  The waterslide was so amazing and exciting just like the whole Camp Marsden experience!




By: Angela Pivac
Camp Moment in Time


“Ahh I screamed as I bolted down the huge white Waterslide.


Even though the water coming out the small black pipes was cold as, we were all sliding down like mad dogs. The day was warm and happy. The sun's rays were shining all over us. The trees were still and quiet all you could hear was the loud scream of excited kids. The water felt nice against our warm bodies.


Because we were having so much fun we decided to go down in different ways. People started going down backwards, then on their bellies. Me and Tamsin started to go together on our butts. Next on our tummies together.


After that our whole group (10 people) went on at the same time. I was at the front which meant I had to grip to the big  wooden planks on the side of the slide. “3,2,1” yelled Mrs Forlong. “Ahh!” we all screamed as we were rushing directly to the end. “ We should go down in threes” we all said.


Although we were getting cold we kept sliding down,down,down. ‘Wa,hoo” I shouted excitedly as I zoomed down the wet slide. This had been the best activity yet.


Kaitlin

Camp 2017 - moment in time

“Ahhhhh” I screamed as I flew down the surface of the water slide at Marsden Bay Christian Camp!!!!

Although today we were expecting a grey skyed boring rainy day we got a green grassed,steaming hot,bursting for water sunny day!!!

As soon as I am at the top of the long lined staircase I am plummeting at top speed down the waterslide hoping that I will stop in time before I reach the end of the water slide. I don’t go flying off the edge and then plummet down to earth and have a tragic end.

Although I am feeling scared and frightened that I might go flying off the edge and tragically end my life...That's not all I'm feeling, I am also feeling hopeful that I’ll survive excited to live and exhilarated to be flying down a waterslide at top speed. But if that hope fails on me I will die!

I think that the water slide was great fun not only for me but for the whole camp and was also a great opportunity for a growth mindset!!
Kiara


Slug Guns
Ping! goes the slug against the metal target. I was shooting slug guns with Mr Pivac.



Although the grass is damp we were lying on a blue tarpaulin. There was a grassy hill in front with targets just in front of it. There was a cut down log behind us that we sat on. The tarpaulin was as blue as the sky.


Pop ping! goes the slug against the metal target, "Yes!"  I said, fist pumping. When we were shooting I didn't aim using the sights  because I have a BB gun at home. I successfully hit nine targets in a row.
  
I was very happy and proud because we had to beat eight and I got nine targets. I beat the record YAY!!!.


Connor M


2 comments:

  1. Exciting reads about your adventure filled days at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fantastic writing skills :) Loved your choice of words and seeing the photos. Looks and sounds like you all had an amazing camp experience!

    ReplyDelete