Sunday, February 26, 2017

Waterwise LZ1J



Kayaking at Waterwise
I felt nervous, I stumbled over to the kayak, carried it over to the water, got in and waited for Kian and Aidan to get into their kayak. I made sure everyone was ready and then we set off into the deep, murky water.

I didn't know what to do, so I just watched Kian and Aidan and soon I got the hang of it. About 5 minutes later we reached the pontoon. The pontoon is a big, algae covered, plastic raft that floats at the top of the water. I got onto the pontoon, I looked over the beautiful ocean that sparkled in the blistering hot sun!

“ I dare you to jump in,” dared Kian.
“Ok,” I said with my heart in my throat.
With my heart going crazy fast …... I jumped into the cold, salty water. I sunk down a meter or two, because of the splash. Then the life-jacket started to do its thing. It lifted me up right to the top of the water. I don’t know why in the movies someone gets pushed into the water and rise back up with a Grouchy look on their face, it’s so fun …… Jeez

I jumped back into my bright blue kayak and paddled back to the shore line with Kian and Aidan.
I think we went to Waterwise to have fun and to learn how to be safe if you ever get into a pickle in the water!  

by Ross 

Kayaking


As I step into the kayak’s seat,
Terror makes my heart shatter like glass.


As I push myself free of shallow water and into the safety of our group gliding across the salty but shimmering ocean.


As I kayak towards the pontoon my shattered heart becomes one whole and again my hands row to its own tempo.


As I grab ahold of the pontoon making sure I don’t drift away the others crawl aboard and plunge into the sunlight zone.


As I watch one plunge the other climbs aboard,
They come over and try to make me do it too but I am stubborn and stubbornly refuse.


As I kayak away from the drifting pontoon the  boys wade as far as they can too keen to resist the urge of kayaking and plunging.



By Chaeyoung Melitz Kim
I walked across the boiling hot sand, I heard the water splashing as loud as a jet plane! I’m so excited!

Finally we got to go out into the glistening, clear, cold water. I jumped down and ran as fast as I could. The water was shocking aahhhrrr!!!
I screamed, “It’s freezing cold!” I jumped up and ran away!
I came back, I went in with my best friend Porscha.
I said to Porscha, “Why are we doing this?”
“We’re going to freeze to death!” she said in a long, shivering, bored voice, “But we have to get used to the water.”
“For what?” I said, as I walked slowly out of the water.
“EVA COME BACK!” Porscha screamed as loud as a wailing fire engine. So she swam as fast as a dolphin and grabbed me by my freezing, cold arm and pulled me back out to the salty ocean.

I had had enough and I wanted to go back to my warm house and have a lovely hot shower!
by Eva




No comments:

Post a Comment